Wednesday 25 February 2015

Iraya Fenugreek Hair Conditioner Review

What The Company Says?

Nourishes & improves hair texture. Restores natural shine and vitality.
A classic South-Indian ritual for strong healthy hair; with concentrated fenugreek and soya lecithin, this nutrient-rich conditioner promotes healthy hair. Regular use nourishes the scalp, helps improve hair texture and restores the natural shine and vitality to hair.

Charaka, the ancient Ayurveda physician, says that Fenugreek is a universal healer. Fenugreek seeds or 'methi' contain protein and nicotinic acid, both of which aid hair growth. The seeds contain large amounts of lecithin, which makes the hair healthy, strong, hydrated and dandruff free.

Ingredients:Fenugreek (Trigonella Foenum-Graecum), Fenugreek Seeds (Trigonella Foenum-Graecum), Cetostearyl Alcohol, Glycerol Fatty Acid Ester, Vegetable Glycerine, Grapefruit Seed Extract (Citrus Grandis), Phenoxyethanol, Rose Indian, Sandalwood, Neroli.


Price: Rs 395 for 150 ml.

My take on this product:
I love using fenugreek seed powder with my hair packs and shampoos. Due to very high lecithin content it keeps my hair hydrated and glossy. I was really impressed to see Iraya stocking fenugreek hair conditioner, so I thought to purchase it and give this a try.

Packaging: It comes in a see through bottle with a pump dispenser. The bottle is not too bulky, it is lightweight. Loads of information regarding usage and efficacy of the product in mentioned in the bottle. Usage becomes easy due to pump dispenser, which dispenses pea sized amount of conditioner. However this is not travel friendly due to the dispenser, product can leak during travelling.

Efficacy: This conditioner has typical fragrance of incense sticks. I had no qualms over it but am sure many people may not prefer it. I have coarse, thick and dry hair. It tends to get tangled easily. I use this conditioner after shampooing my hair with Jason Aloe vera shampoo. This conditioner is devoid of any dimethicone or you can say silicone conditioners. Thus you would require bit more quantity compared to other conditioners available at market. I applied it at the mid section of my hair and at the ends which tends to get rough. I usually leave it for 5 minutes to work properly and then rinse it off. It is slightly runny in consistency. After usage, I find my hair really hydrated, glossy and less tangled. It does not make my hair limp at all. It keeps the bounce for 3-4 days. My hair looks naturally healthy. This may not give you relief completely if you have very dry hair but it works. It is subtle and it does not lead to any product build up. I wish quantity was bit more than 150 ml.

Rating: 4.25 out of 5

My Overall Recommendation: Highly Recommended! I am going to buy it again as it suits my hair really well.