Sunday 15 February 2015

Chambor Powder Matte Lipstick in Rubis Rouge Review

Hello Sweeties!
Today I am reviewing another beautiful matte red lipstick shade from my collection. This is another favourite red lipstick of mine. Please do check my review to know more about it and this range.
What The Company Says?
An Innovative Formulated Lipstick which has both Moisturizer + Matte Effect in it. Powder Matte Lipsticks have a Non-Drying Triple Action Formula which:
Bright bold perfectly matte.
This unique powder matte lipstick provides high impact payoff; an ultra pigmented long wearing vitamin enriched formula glides on effortlessly with comfortable wear.
Long wearing application.

Price: Rs 595 for 4.5 g


My Take on this Product:

Packaging: This lipstick comes encased in a navy bluish casing with the logo of chamber engraved over its cap. The cover fits snugly and shuts with a click. Packaging is similar to Chambor silk touch lipsticks. The earlier rubberised packaging was not reliable enough. All the information including ingredient list in printed in the carton provided.

Shade: Rubis Rouge is the brightest shade of all from Chambor matte range. It is a deep warm red shade with orangish tones. This will look flattering on Indian skin tones.

Texture & Finish: These lipsticks have velvety soft texture with matte finish. These lipsticks do not make my lips dry like mac matte ones. However if you have dry lips this lipstick can highlight your fine lines. I did not face any drying issue but yes these are not hydrating like L’Oreal moist matte lipsticks. These lipsticks do not feather at all without a lip liner.

Pigmentation & Coverage: It is definitely pigmented but I need at least 3-4 swipes for full coverage. It slightly feels waxy initially and multiple swipes are needed to conceal pigmented lips.

Longevity: It stays on my lips for some 5 hours + plus with small meals in between. It sets easily on my lips leaving soft pink stain. Stain is not as bad as the ones I get with Colorbar lipsticks. It is not transfer proof but much better than other lipsticks in the market.

Rating: 4.25 out of 5

My Recommendation: Chambor powder matte range has some 18 shades. I found most of the shades to be quite boring. Among all the shades, rubis rouge caught my attention. It is a bright red lipstick with orange undertones. It is somehow similar to Mac lipstick Ruby Woo. So if you guys are looking out for an affordable dupe of ruby woo, then try this one. I would recommend this lipstick to all red matte lipstick lovers.