Sunday 6 May 2012

Faces Canada Glam On Eye Shadow Duo in 'Amber'

Hello Sweeties!

Today I am going to review Faces Canada Glam on Eye Shadow duo in 'Amber' which I recently purchased from a Faces counter at our place.

What The Company Says?

Two's company, three's a crowd. Choose from any of these gorgeous couples and get ready to set the evening on fire.

Embellish your eyes with Faces shimmery trail of color.
Advanced long-wear with powdery texture and crease-proof formula, is all what it takes to define Faces Glam On duo Eye Shadow. Designed as two lovely pools of color and packed along with two-sided applicator, it is easy to apply and can easily blend along with other colors.
Leaves you with those enchantingly dreamy eyes!




Rs- 399 for 2x2 Grams 

Shades Available:
>Amethyst
>Forest Mauve
>Amber
>Pink Orchid
>Mystic Blue 





My Take On This Product:
Recently I discovered two Faces Canada counters my place, :) While checking their Glam on range, I came across the Glam on Duo eye shadow duos.I didn't much like the combination and pigmentation of the shadows but the duo  'Amber' caught my attention.'Amber' duo has one of the most pretty warm pink shadow which looks flattering on Indian skin tones.The other shade in it is a nice gorgeous peachy copper shade.Both the shades are very much suitable for wedding functions.One can wear both the shades together or even alone as 'Eye shadow Wash'.Basically I use the pink one on my lid and the copper one at the crease.One can even use the copper shade on lid and use a brown eye shadow at the crease, looks really nice that way.At last my search for a warm pink eye shadow for my skin tone came to an end. :)


Faces Glam on Eyeshadow has been recently launched by Faces Canada as a part of their 'Silk Luxury Makeup range'.These eye shadow duos come in rectangular greyish steel box with 'faces'  engraved on the cover.This comes with a mirror lodged inside of the cover and a dual ended eye shadow applicator is also provided with it.The cover closes properly, I find the packaging very classy and travel friendly! I am really impressed with the packaging of all products from their 'Glam on' range.


These duos are moderately pigmented and are quite buildable.I really loved the silky texture and the luminous effect these shadows give.Shadows are quite easy to blend and can be used without an eye primer too.But without a primer these shadows creased on my eyes within 4 hours, so I never skip an eye primer when I am using these.After using a base these shades pop out nicely and look more distinct and gorgeous.


Considering the quality and quantity, I feel these shadows are a bit overpriced but still you can go for one of these duos.Frankly saying except 'Amber' and 'Forest mauve', other duos did not look that interesting to me, I felt all shadows were mostly dull shades which wont suit my skin tone at all.I wont go for 'Forest Mauve' as I have got several shadows similar to those khaki green and blackened purple shades.

Pros Of The Product:
-These Glam on eye shadow duo comes in classy greyish steel packaging which is sturdy and travel friendly.
-5 duos are available in this range.
-Quantity provided is pretty good.
-The texture of the shadows is silky in touch, they blend nicely leaving no harsh lines.
-Dual ended eye shadow applicator is provided which is of good quality
-Available easily at several online shopping sites and stores.
-I quite liked the combination of all the duos.
-Though shadows are moderately pigmented but these are quite buildable.
-These shadows have natural luminous effect.
-Amber Duo has pretty warm pink shade and a copper shadow with peach tones,both the shades look flattering on Indian skin tones.
-Thanks to god,they have launched a new website in India recently.Check their new site HERE

Cons Of The Product:
-Except forest mauve and Amber duo, I felt other shadows were quite chalky and dull.
-Considering the quality, I feel these are bit overpriced.
-Contains Parabens.
-Staying power without a primer is only 3-4 hours maximum.
-They are not at all crease proof as Faces claim these to be, in summers they creased so much! :(
-Eye shadow base is a must beneath these shadows to increase its staying power and intensity.

Rating: 
Price vs Quality: 3.5 out of 5
Quantity: 4 out of 5
Pigmentation:3.75 out of 5
Texture: 4 out of 5
Staying Power:3.25 out of 5
Availability: 4.25 out of 5
Overall Rating: 3.75 out of 5

Will I repurchase it? Yes, I may repurchase this particular duo 'Amber' for the beautiful pink shadow it has.I wont buy any other duo in this range though.

My Overall Recommendation:
Faces Glam on Duo eye shadows come in 5 different combination in steel grey classy travel friendly packaging.Shadows are moderately pigmented but quite buildable.Using an eye shadow base beneath these is absolutely must.Staying power of the shadows is not that great and it creases without a base within 3-4 hours.Checkout the duo' Amber' if you are in search for a pretty wearable warm pink eye shadow.

p.s Guys enter my First International Giveaway HERE