Wednesday 11 January 2012

Lakme Absolute Matte Lipstick Elegant Bloom, Swatch, FOTD.

Hello Sweeties,
Today I am going to review Lakme Absolute Matte Lipstick in shade 'Elegant Bloom'.So read on to know whether this range impressed me or depressed me? He He He ( Bad Joke I know).
Price: Rs 375


What The Company Says?
Ensure a proper pout while you enhance the beauty of your lips, with Lakme Absolute Matte. Enriched with Vitamin E and wheat germ oil, this keeps the lips smooth, silky and soft. Now enjoy the special attention along with an attractive matte finish as the non-drying creamy formula keeps the lips hydrated.


My Take On This Product:
I wanted to try Lakme Absolute range since I had seen its promotion pics.Everything looked damn impressive and the 16 hour stay claim was more thank enough to make me purchase this lipstick.I purchased it from Healthkart after few days of launching in the market.I was very confused in between Peach Carnation and Elegant Bloom shade, but at last ended up buying 'Elegant Bloom' which is a Pinkish Plum based lipstick.I am not very comfortable wearing plum based lipsticks but this looked good to me.





This lipstick comes in a Silver Greyish metallic casing which looks really classy and attractive.Seriously Lakme people have spent 99% of their time and effort in designing the look and pricing the Lakme Absolute Range, :p only 1% thought to its quality.

The tip of the Lipstick is slanted like other Lipsticks of their Day Wear range.The shade 'Elegant Bloom' has very fine golden shimmer which is though bit visible on the surface, is not visible on lips.This is not a pigmented matte lipstick.I prefer one swipe matte lipstick, which imparts opaque coverage with a single swipe.My upper lip is bit pigmented so I need some 3-4 swipes for opaque coverage.


This Lipstick should only be used with a lip balm underneath because without a lip balm, it settles in fine lines and pronounces the fine lines too making your lips  look severely chapped.I also noticed this lipstick fades from the corners of the lips and stays as a patchy uneven stain.With a lip balm the lipstick glides on like feather and gives a lightweight feeling.However after couple of hours, I find it getting patchy on my lips.Without a lip balm it totally dehydrates my lips.One thing I observed that very less product gets transferred to my tea cup after drinking tea.Its not a completely transfer resistant lipstick.

On an average, this lipstick stays on for 2-3 hours without a lip balm and 3-4 hours with a Lip balm underneath.Note I don't even have chapped or dehydrated lips.Overall I didn't like this range except the Moonlit Highlighter which I am going to review soon.
Forgot to mention its fragrance is very much similar to Britannia Orange Cream biscuits. :p

Pros Of The Product:
-Its a pretty pinkish plum shade.
-Its very light weight and feels nothing on lips.
-I prefer slanted tip for application.
-It can be carried well during day time too with single swipe.
-The metallic casing is very attractive.
-The information and pictures given in Lakme India website is so eye catching.
-Its transfer resistant, though not entirely.
-With a lip balm, it stays for some 3-4 hours on my lips.
-Quantity is good too.

Cons Of The Product:
-This Lipstick is not very pigmented, you would need 3-4 swipes for opaque coverage.
-It completely dehydrated my lips and makes my lips look chapped and unhealthy without a lip balm.
-Whenever I swipe more than twice for opaque coverage, the application was uneven and patchy.
-This lipstick faces from the sides of my lips in a hour and stays on mid portion of lips for 2-3 hours, which looks very odd and ugly.
-With a lip balm though initially the lipstick looks good, after few hours the application becomes uneven.
-Its not a single matte lipstick.
-It has fine golden shimmers too.
-I regret why didn't I buy the Peach Carnation shade instead of this.
-This shade is not everybody's cup of tea.
-Not suitable for day wear.
-I find this lipstick damn expensive for the bad quality.
-16 hours stay claim is completely over-hyped and false.
-Almost all shades in this range are mauve based.

Rating: 2.75 out of 5

Will I repurchase it? If all the lipsticks in the whole world are banned then yes. :p

My Overall Recommendation? I am sorry I don't want to recommend this range to anybody. :(

Me after a tiring day! :p