Friday 20 January 2012

Bourjois Paris Little Round Pot Blush 'Rose Ambre'

Hello Friends!
During Last year end sale, I had purchased few Bourjois paris products from Stylecraze online shopping site.From my haul today I am reviewing the Bourjois Paris Little Round Pot Blush 'Rose Ambre'.

Price- Rs 525 for 2.5 gm, I got this beauty for Rs 488 after discount.
What The Company Says?









My Take On this Product:
Bourjois brand is well known for its world renowned little pot blush that comes in wide range of shades and finish.I always wanted to buy at least one of these , so I ended up buying the shade 'Rose Ambre'. I wanted to buy the shade 'Ambre Dior' but checked online and found several of the blushes were very shimmery.I do not prefer shimmery blushes as they accentuate my pores and I cannot carry them at all during day time.So after much checking I found this range has a matte blush too which is not only matte but also a warm pretty pink shade which is very apt for Indian skin tones.

This blush comes in round little pot with a flap.It has lock system with an in built mirror.A small blusher brush is also provided with it which is not completely useless.You can use this brush during touch ups and also during traveling.I find this blush very travel friendly.When I first saw the blush pot, I realized why its been names Little round pot.Its actually a tiny little blusher pot with 2.5 gm quantity of blush.

The shade 'Rose Ambre' is a matte warm pink blush, a very flattering shade for Indian skin tones.This blush is very much wearable and apt for day wear too.The texture of blush is soft which I had not expected.So I suggest you to softly swipe your blusher brush across the surface or there can be product wastage too.I need seriously one swipe for that natural flush and healthy look.Its a pigmented blush so one swipe is enough.Though its a baked blush, I don't think you would need a wet brush for an intense look as its already pigmented enough.

Staying power is something to die for.Lasted on my cheeks whole day girls till I didn't remove my makeup.It really did.It blends nicely too.I wont say blends like dream but it will do.Though quantity is less , I realized it will last me for a long time as I need maximum one gentle swipe for each cheek.The only con is that I felt if the pot falls down, the blusher will completely get crumbled up and the brush provided with it always falls down the moment I open the pot.



Pros Of The Product:
-'Rose Ambre' is a pretty warm pink shade with matte finish.
-Very flattering shade for Indian skin tones.
-Several shades are available in this range.
-It comes with a cute brush and in built mirror so good for traveling purpose.
-The blusher pot has a lock system which I liked.
-Very wearable shade and can be worn in day time too.
-Its texture is very soft.
-Its a pigmented blush so I didn't need to use wet brush for an intense effect.
-It stayed for a whole day on me without any touch ups.
-Blends nicely too.
-Easily available these days at discount at several Online shopping sites.
-Its a baked blush, so reasonable compared to chambor and others.
Cons Of The Product:
-Except this blush, almost all other shades are quite shimmery.
-The brush provided with it falls down the moment I open the blusher pot.
-I found the packaging cute but  if it falls down, the blusher wont survive at all.
-The quantity provided for Rs 525 is just 2.5 gm. Not done at all.
-One has to gently swipe over the blush or there is product wastage.

My Rating: 4.25 out of 5

Will I repurchase? No I don't think so.It will last me for a long time.I may purchase the ' Ambre Dior' shade or  'Tomette'.

My Overall Recommendation: If you need a warm pink blush with matte finish and want to give Bourjois brand a try then surely go for this shade.Its a very flattering shade for Indian skin tones.


I have applied the blush a bit heavily for pics. The Lipstick I am wearing here is 'Colorbar' ' Over The Top'