Monday 14 May 2012

Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick in shade 'Peach Crush'

Hello Friends!
Today I am going to review Colorbar velvet matte lipstick in shade 'Peach Crush'.I have several shades from this range.I totally love all the shades, almost all are MLBB shades I feel.From this range I have:
-Naked Pink
-Sultry Pink
-Bare
-Cream Cup
-Over the top
-Peach Crush
Do let me know if you want to see swatches of other shades too!


Price:Rs250 for 4.2 Grams.

What The Company Says?
For a rich lip color with a creamy shine, the Velvet Matte Lipstick, available in stunning shades infuse the lips with vibrancy. Its unique 2-in-1 formulation gives the lips a creamy, yet matte finish. A one of a kind product in India, it has super softening agents that give the lips a soft and supple appearance while keep them nourished with Vitamin E. Staying on up to 5 hours on application, the Velvet Matte Lipstick can be further accentuated with lip gloss and lip liner.




My Take On This Product:
Recently Colorbar launched some 5-6 new shades in their velvet matte range.I was really happy to see very unique and different shades this time as mostly the colorbar velvet matte range contains all 'Pinky Cousins' :p I really wanted to see some peachy and orange shades in colorbar velvet matte range since a long time.The word Peach always makes my heart skip, so when I read the word 'Peach Crush' without thinking much I mailed Chetana of Stylecraze to bring me this particular shade.The very next day I placed my order and received it within few days.

ARTIFICIAL LIGHT:


The shade 'Peach Crush' is kind of very unique, It looks different in day time and totally different in night.I tried it for the first time during night time, in tube it looked reddish pink lipstick.When I tried it on my lips,it came out to be a very bright reddish pink lipstick.I felt cheated,it was no where near 'Peach' and I could see why the shade name is 'Peach crush',it actually crushed my 'Peachy Dreams' :p The shade was pretty but I didn't find it wearable and I realized I could only use it during wedding functions and all.I kept the lipstick in my makeup stash.
Next day I though to try again during day time,this time the shade looked bit different.It was more of a 'Peachy red' lipstick with orange undertone.I quite liked the shade on me but still it was too bright to wear it to my institute.


These days, I wear it sheerly over a lipbalm and it looks flattering on my yellowish skin tone.(Apni taarif kuch jyada ho gayi :p ) The shade 'Peach crush' I feel is a unique shade which can be worn sheerly or with full pigmentation.Its damn pigmented lipstick which gives full coverage with one swipe.It fully covers my pigmented lips.I think this shade will look amazing with our Indian attire a lot.Its feels quite moisturizing when used for 3-4 hours,after that lips kind of gets dehydrated.This lipstick is very very long lasting.It stayed on my lips for 5-6 hours leaving a pretty pink stain which stayed on my lips whole day till I did not remove it with a makeup remover.This is the case with all colorbar lipsticks,every shade leaves a pink stain behind.If you do not apply lip balm ,then by end of the day you will be left with chapped lips.So I reapply lip balm every now and then when I am wearing this shade.

Colorbar velvet matte lipsticks come in transparent sturdy packaging with a see through  base showing the shade of the lipstick.I have dropped these lipsticks so many times,yet till now not even a scratch has developed on the packaging.Overall I liked the packaging and yes the shade was pretty but too bright to wear to work place.The shade 'Peach Crush' is not a true 'Peach' shade, its a peachy red lipstick with orangish undertone.I like these lipsticks as there are more than 45 shades to choose from and these come with matte finish at very reasonable price.The only demerit is that these lipsticks make your lips chapped if used alone without a lip balm underneath.

LIP SWATCHES( ARTIFICIAL LIGHT)



LIP SWATCH (DAY LIGHT)


AS A LIP TINT:


Pros Of The Product:
-Velvet matte lipsticks come in more than 45 shades to choose from.
-These lipsticks have creamy yet matte finish.
-Very suitable to wear at workplace.
-These lipsticks are infused with lip softening agent and Vitamin E which keeps lips supple,healthy and hydrated.
-These lipsticks are very budget friendly.
-Quantity is 4.2 grams which is pretty good for  the price we are paying for these.
-Staying power is some 5-6 hours.
-These lipsticks fade evenly leaving behind a pretty pink tint which stays on my lips for a long time.
-They keep my lips moisturized for 2-3 hours.
-These can be used sheerly as a lip tint too.
- Several shades from this range are my MLBB shades.
-Available at several cosmetic stores and online shopping sites.
-They have introduced some orange,and neutrals shades in this range too.
-The packaging is quit sturdy,I have dropped these so may times yet my lipstick is as new as it was when I had bought these.
-These shades though feel creamy, yet never ever bleeds and thus I can skip a lip liner easily.
-Texture of the the lipstick is soft and creamy.
-These lipsticks are damn pigmented,one swipe covers my pigmented lips completely.

Cons of The Product:
-Price has increased from Rs 225 to Rs 250.
-This range mainly comprises of pink based shades,its a Pink Family.
-Each and every shade in this range leaves a pink tint behind which after couple of hours accentuates my fine lines and makes my lips chapped.
-Though initially lips remain hydrated,yet after few hours,there is a stretchy feeling and lip balms should not be skipped.
-The shade 'Peach Crush is not a true peach shade,its a bright peachy red lipstick which is too bright to wear at workplace.
-The shade chart shown on colorbar cosmetics site is totally misleading.

Rating:
Shade:4 out of 5
Texture:3.75 out of 5
Price vs Quality: 4.25 out of 5
Quantity:4.5 out of 5
Staying Power:4.75 out of 5
Pigmentation: 4.75 out of 5
Availability:4.25 out of 5
Overall Rating: 4.25 out of 5

Will I repurchase it? Not this shade,I am eying the shade 'Obsessed with Orange'.

My Overall Recommendation:Colorbar velvet matte lipsticks come in wide range of shade with creamy yet matte finish.These lipsticks are intensely pigmented and have immense staying power.Though these make my lips hydrated for few hours,after few hours there is a stretchy feeling making your lips dry and chapped.Thus one should use lip balm underneath these lipsticks.These are budget friendly lipsticks and buying few shades wont hurt your pocket.The shade 'Peach Crush' is a bright Red lipstick which looks 'reddish pink in artificial light and 'Peachy red with orange undertone in day light.This should would suit Indian skin tones a lot,and would go well with traditional Indian attires quite well.If you are looking for a bright red lipstick with peachy/orangish tone then definitely choose this shade.

p.s The lipstick is more bright and intense than it shows in lip Swatches.The hand swatches are quite accurate.