Thursday 15 March 2012

My Shopping Experience with Violetbag.com and Haul

Hello Friends!
I think am the the last one to shop from Violetbag online shopping site ans sharing experience :p I thought to purchase few products from this site in the last week of February.So lets have a look at the website.


At their Home Page, all products are divided in two section:

- New products
-Featured Products


At the top, all the products are sorted into following sections:

-Jewellery 
 I quite liked their Fashion jewellery collection.They have some very sophisticated pieces which is apt for both Party wear and ethnic Indian outfits.


-Makeup
 All Makeup products ranging from Blushes, Eyeliners, Lipsticks, Bronzers, Foundations etc  from several brands can be seen under this section. 


-Skin Care
This section comprises of all kinds of Skin Care products from several well known brands. 


-Herbal
This section shows all herbal and  natural products from many well known brands.


-Haircare
This section comprises of several Hair care products like hair color, Shampoos, Conditioners, Masks, Hair Nourishers, etc from well known brands.


-Bath & Body
 Here one can find various Bath & Body products, many unique ones from various brands. 


-Beauty Tools
Here one can get both general and professional range of Makeup brushes and other beauty tools like Bath products and Hair Straighteners and curlers.


 -Fragrances
 This is where Violetbag scores, They have an awesome collection of perfumes from several International brands like Dolce gabbana, Paris Hilton, Davidoff, Calvin Clein, Givenchy, Hugo Boss etc Must check it buddies. 


-For Him
This section comprises of several products useful for daily use for men.I really appreciate Online Shopping sites having a separate section for Men as it makes it easy for guys to shop their daily use products , perfumes and other herbal products too for their personal use.Online Shopping should have sections for Men and Women, so this is very useful.


-Brands
This section shows all the brands that Violetbag has in its stock.


My Experience:
I have checked this site before too.I have seen many products at this site available at better discounts in comparison to others.Like I had seen Vega Professional range of brushes, Shahnaz Husain products at better discounts than other well known shopping sites.This time I ordered for few Shahnaz Husain products and a Lakme 9 to 5 Lipcolor Almond Ice.They have wide range of payment options including COD Service.But they do not offer COD Service to many places including mine which makes it difficult for me to shop from here regularly.

I liked their range of Fashion Jewellery, Makeup Brushes, Lipstick and Fragrance collection.Their customer Service was the best I have seen till date.They are very helpful and give prompt reply to your queries.After placing an order, one gets the Invoice in Pdf format which can be saved and an order tracking url which takes you to the courier service web page and  displays the order Status.Everything is well managed just I felt that they should not have dispatched by Aramex because i totally distrust that courier service.When I checked my order status after few days, it was written delivered at Calcutta.I was kind of shocked.I mailed this matter to customer service of Violetbag.com.Aramex Customer Service lied that they had delivered my parcel to me , when they actually had not. :( I reported this to the customer Service of Violetbag.They helped me a lot and assured me i will get it soon.Later I got a mail that they have delivered it to someone else and they will dispatch a new parcel to me.But after 3-4 days I got a mail that I will get my parcel within few days.So at last I got my parcel after 12 days, due to mismanagement on part of Aramex courier service.
Apart from that, I quite ,loved everything about the site.I wish them to add more brands and new launches into their existing list of available products.

The packaging of the parcel was pretty good, the box was sturdy and all products were bubble wrapped, with many thermocol pieces.

Plus Points:
-All products are categorized into several sections and sub sections which makes it easy for us to browse particular products.
-They offer better discounts on several products in comparison to other sites.
-They have wide range of payment options including COD Service.
-Very Friendly and helpful Customer care service.
-I liked their collection of Fashion jewellery and mostly I liked their perfume collection, its amazing.
-They have no question asked return policy.
-They offer extra discount on existing discounts on several products every now and then.
-Their makeup brush collection is good too.
-They wide range of product from both Indian and International brands.
-They offer Free shipping over Rs 250 purchase.
-They give a free gift with purchase above Rs 1000.
-In the beauty tool section, you can purchase hair Straighteners and curlers too.
-After placing an order, you get the invoice in Pdf format which you can save and a tracking url which displays your Order status.

Minus Points:
-They do not offer COD to many places including  mine.
- I got my parcel after 12 Days.
-Even after placing an order, the same products shows up in the 'My Violet Bag section' and you get a mail to empty it.
-The brands no more excites me much as they are available at several other sites too.It would be good if they continuously add and expand their Brand Section.

My Haul:






p.s I was given a voucher for shopping but that has not affected my review.