Monday 30 January 2012

Bourjois Paris Mineral Matte Mousse Foundation 'Miel Subtil'

Hello Friends!
I bought the Bourjois Mineral Matte Mousse Foundation from StyleCraze.com during their year end sale.I got this at 15% discount.I wanted to try this foundation since a long time as I am a great fan of mineral makeup.I so wish to use only safe makeup on my skin.Anyways I had great expectations from this product.So do you think I found my HG Foundation? Do read on to know more.

Rs 835 for 18 ml, I got this for Rs 705 after discount.




My Take On This Product:
I do not prefer to buy foundation online without checking the swatches it person.But I wanted to have this mineral matte foundation since a longggg time.I found this at an online shopping site at great discount, so I checked the shade chart and found all the shades except 'Miel Subtil' either looked very dark or had pink undertones, only this shade seemed to suit my skin tone.I ordered this shade immediately though I knew it was a great risk.

This foundation comes in tub like packaging with nice classy black screw cap.The quantity though is 18 ml, due to its mousse consistency will last me for a long time.I need very little amount for full face.When you touch the foundation, its consistency is very creamy but after you apply on your skin it melts fast in your skin to matte powder finish.It melts so fast that I was very surprised.

This foundation never ever gets cakey.It imparts medium coverage but can be layered up to nearly full coverage without getting the mask effect.It conceals acne marks nicely even redness of the pimples effectively.It doesn't completely conceal the freckle marks but in a way blurs them out.It matches my skin tone, the best thing is that it neutralizes the yellow undertone of my skin.It instantly brightens up my face.It stays on my skin all day long. Even after coming back home after 8.30 pm, I still see the brightening effect on my face.I look fresh all day long.
This foundation did not break me out at all.It makes my face very smooth and imparts a semi-matte finish.The finish is so fine and flawless that I no more need loose powder or compact to set my foundation.It gives an air-brushed effect and I am really impressed with this product.Only con is that is flash photography I felt it left a white cast on my face but of course not like the ghostly white cast that Maybelline mousse foundation leaves.
Pros Of The Product:
-Its a mineral mousse foundation which is completely safe for our skin.
-Consistency is very creamy but instantly melts to give matte finish.
-This foundation completely eliminates a compact or loose powder from my makeup regimen.
-Imparts semi matte finish.
-It gives medium to nearly complete coverage without getting cakey.
-It brightens up my face, and I look fresh all day long.
-It never broke me out.
-I wore this went out in the sun , traveled all day long but didn't see any kind of tanning or dullness in my skin.
-One can never get wrong with this foundation.
-It covers acne marks and redness of pimples effectively,even blurs my freckle marks.
-Never gives me that made up look.I look quite natural using it.
-Gives that air brushed effect which I have always dreamt of.
-It stays for a long time even after prolonged sun exposure.
-It requires very less quantity for face and neck.
-Neutralizes Yellow undertone of my skin.
-Its Dermatologically tested and has non pore blocking formula.
-Keeps my skin well hydrated.
-Complete list of ingredients is given.

Cons Of The Product:
-Its pretty costly for only 18 ml of the product.
-Only 5-6 shades are available and mostly not for our skin tone.
-In flash photography, white cast is visible on my face.
-I have read very contradictory reviews on this product.Some completely swear by this product and some claim that this product broke them out horribly.So I wont suggest this product to very sensitive skin and also if you are allergic to silicon based foundation.
-It does not conceal my freckles completely. 
-Those who love foundation that gives dewy finish may not like it.
-Its not fragrance free.

Rating: 4.25 out of 5

Will I repurchase it? Yes I may repurchase it.

My Overall Recommendation: If you are not allergic to silicon based foundation and like semi- matte finish with medium to nearly complete coverage then please rush and grab this one for sure.Its an amazing  foundation.

I am wearing Bourjois Mineral Matte Mousse Foundation both the Pics.First one in Artificial Light,Second one in Natural Light.