Friday 30 December 2011

Nyx Rouge Cream Blush 'Glow'

Hello Friends!
Today I am going to review one of my favorite and mostly used products these days.Nyx Rouge cream blush in 'Glow' is more of a winter blush and thus I am thoroughly enjoying using it these days.




What The Company Says?
More delicious than peaches and cream? We like to think so. Our velvety smooth mineral Rouge Cream Blush offers a sheer wash of radiant color. The glorious payoff is dewy, sultry and long-lasting. Available in cream blush 12 shades.

Ingredients: Mineral Oil (and) Ethylene / Propylene / Styrene Copolymer (and) Butylene / Ethylene / Styrene Copolymer, Myristyl Lactate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Polyethylene, Mica, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polyisobutene, Beeswax, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Ethylhexyglycerin, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), D&C Red 6 (CI15850), D&C Red 7 (CI15850), D&C Red 27 (CI45410), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI77491), Iron Oxide Black (CI77499)

Price- 6.50$, In India you get this for Rs 650 and from several online shopping sites for Rs 520 for 3.5 gm.







My Take On This Product:

I never knew anything about cream blushes some six months back and used to think blushes come only in powder form.After going through several blog posts related to cream blushes, I ordered Nyx Cream blushes  from an online shopping site.I have purchased 4 shades in all and love each of these.I have-
-Rose Petal
-Natural
-Tea Rose
-Glow

Nyx Cream blushes are extremely creamy in nature and required in very less amount for that natural flush on your cheeks.These blushes come in similar packaging in black pan like that of Mac Cream blend blushes.There is a see through flip cap through which you can check the shade.These blushes impart dewy yet natural look however these are buildable and can be used to create intense effect too.

These blushes stay on my dry skin for some 4-5 hours without a primer.These blushes blend like dream, and I dont think makeup beginners will face any problem using it.

The shade glow is a barbie pink color blush which I wear only while going out for parties.I wont recommend this shade for everyday wear.This shade is not everybody's cup of tea.However this doesn't look ott if you apply very small amount and blend well.

Pros Of The Product:
-There are some 13 shades available in this range.
-These are damn reasonable for the quantity provided.
-I can never complete a cream blush entirely because we require so less each time.
-Quality is comparable with cream blushes of high end brands
-These blushes are buildable which I like a lot.
-These blushes impart dewy effect on my skin.
-They impart a natural flush which looks awesome.
-The blushes blend like a dream.
-These days available at several online shopping sites for great discounts.
-I love its packaging.
-Never ever broke me out. 
-It doesn't have shimmers.

Cons Of The Product:
-These blushes contain mineral oil so may not suit some people.
-Oily skin people may not like the dewy effect.
-These are prone to melting during summer.
-You can go overboard with this particular shade Glow.
-In India these are sold at double their original price. 

Rating:4.25 out of 5
Will I repurchase it? I wont need to, this will last me for a long time.

My Overall Recommendation: If you love barbie pink shade and long lasting dewy effect on your skin then surely go for this shade. 

Ok this is me wearing the blush Glow in this pic. Me looking so plump ! :p