Friday 23 January 2015

Loreal Paris Shine Caresse Lip Color Faye Review & Swatches

Hi Sweeties!

I had written this review like long back, more than a year back. While checking some files, I got this. So felt like posting it on my blog.


What the Company says?
Discover a stain that thinks it’s a gloss. Now hydration & shine meet lasting, lightweight color. Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain combines the power of a lip stain with lip-gloss luster. This next generation lip stain, formulated with a blend of light hydrating oils & concentrated pigments, delivers lasting color with a glossy finish. Packed with 30% water, Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain leaves lips soft, comfortable and hydrated for up to 6 hours. 

Lipstain Power: Fresh color feels barely there
Lipgloss Shine: Lacquer shine + Non-Sticky feel
Caring Color: 6HR continuous hydration

Ingredients:
OCTYLDODECANOL • AQUA / WATER / EAU • TRIMETHYLSILOXYPHENYL DIMETHICONE • ETHYLCELLULOSE • SORBITAN STEARATE • ALCOHOL DENAT. • CETYL ALCOHOL • PHENOXYETHANOL • SUCROSE COCOATE • SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE • HYDROXYPROPYL GUAR • CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE • HYDROXYCITRONELLAL • LINALOOL • CITRONELLOL • BENZYL ALCOHOL • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE
MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR
MICA • CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE • CI 77491, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES • CI 17200 / RED 33 • CI 15985 / YELLOW 6 • CI 16035 / RED 40 • CI 15850 / RED 7 • CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 • CI 42090 / BLUE 1

Price: Rs 499 for 6 ml.

My Take On This Product:

Packaging: L'Oreal Caresse stain comes in beautiful steel tube with a transparent band for easy viewing of the shade. Ingredient list alongwith other information is mentioned in the carton provided. It has a heart shaped broad applicator which I loved a lot.I have fuller lips so it was easy to apply the stain with minimal swipes.

Shadewise: Faye is a very light orangy peach shade with few shimmers which do not much show up on my lips.

Pigmentation: The shade faye is very sheer from this entire range. Other shades are much more pigmented than this shade.

Staying Power and Coverage: It has sheer coverage and it has medium pigmentation. Not a good option for people with pigmented lips.

Texture and Finish: It is pretty lightweight. It has a faint fruity fragrance which I liked personally. It initially feels great on lips. My lips felt hydrated and soothing, it has slight cooling effect which I loved. But after 10 minutes once the stain sets, it started feeling sticky and quite uncomfortable. I really felt weird at the end of the day.

Rating:
Shadewise: 4 out of 5
Texture & Finish: 3.5 out of 5
Coverage & Pigmentation: 3.25 out of 5
Staying Power: 3.5 out of 5
Price vs Quality: 4 out of 5
Overall Rating: 3.75 out of 5

Will I repurchase it? No I don’t think so. I liked the shade Juliet better then faye. I did not much like the formula of these products.

My Overall Recommendation: If you do not have pigmented lips and prefer light orangy stains of your lips, you may check this out. However, I would not recommend these products and it’s a passé for me.
















 p.s- My blogger friends do leave the link to your blog in the comment section.I would love to check your blogs. :)